DeFi News

Stonk Market: An Autonomous Risk Game That’s 100% Community Owned and Governed

Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr

Stonk market is an autonomous gaming platform, wholly owned and governed by its members. Notably, this risk game, powered by Anons, is 100% fair as it utilizes the popular verifiable on-chain RNG.

This game has a high risk because the two participants in any game have a 51%-49% chance of losing their staked STONKS. However, to take part in the game, an individual should launch a Stonk Public Offering (SPO) where he/she stakes the STONK tokens. 

The game’s main process is negotiation, which involves finding who wins the odds between the two participants. The loser in the negotiation only loses a fraction of the STONK tokens staked in the SPO. By design, one cannot lose STONKs in his/her wallet.

How it works

When an individual launches an SPO it goes on the STONK market. Any other SPO owner can negotiate to take it over. This is the gist of the game. As a fact, an individual can only negotiate to take over up to 50% of the STONKS in the other person’s SPO balance. On the other hand, an individual who initiates the negotiation pays a wager in STONKS, already staked in his/her SPO. 

The person who initiates the negotiation has a 51% chance of winning the game, while the opposing participant has a 49% winning probability. However, with the verifiable on-chain RNG, the randomness of numbers determines the winner.

Winning the game means that someone takes up to 50% of the company’s stake, whose capitalization is in STONKS. To initiate the negotiation process, an individual presses a button designed for that. The Stonk protocol then weighs the odds based on the randomness of numbers to determine the winner.

In contrast, if the other player wins, he/she gets the wager. This game is very fair since Anons powers it. It is important to note that the STONKs in the SPO are at risk, as anyone can negotiate for them. To protect users from losing all their STONKs, the platform allows only a single individual to negotiate for an SPO at a time.

Taxation

There is a taxation system on the Stonk platform. It levies 1% of the negotiation amount, which it uses to reward STONK liquidity providers, who sustain the market’s viability. Also, the negotiation initiator gets a 2% advantage to cover transaction costs and encourage him/her to participate in the future. 

Tokens

The platform’s native token is the STONK, only useful on the platform. Its distribution is:

  • Treasury: 5%
  • Treasury, locked for six months: 5%.
  • Liquidity mining: 40%.
  • Airdropped to ROPE holders at launch: 25%
  • Airdropped to ROPE holders a week after launch: 12.5%
  • Airdropped to ROPE holders two weeks after the launch: 6.25%
  • Airdropped to ROPE holders three weeks after the launch: 6.25%

It is important to note that holders of the ROPE tokens get the airdrop share through a pro-rata system.

Governance

Since the community owns the Stonk project, it also has ownership of the STONK token. The STONK holders get involved in decision making through voting.

Conclusion

In conclusion, Stonk Market is a gaming platform with a high risk of losing digital assets, the STONK tokens. Community members compete to win STONK tokens staked in various SPOs. Users need to follow platform rules, which govern its operation. Overall, the Stonk gaming platform offers a refreshing experience to users and investors.

Community

Games are a crowd puller. As a result, many game lovers have joined the Stonk community. You are free to subscribe to its groups and channels to get updates on events and other developments:

chainlink
Chainlink (LINK) $ 13.91
yearn-finance
yearn.finance (YFI) $ 26,616.00
ethlend
Aave [OLD] (LEND) $ 0.756262
uniswap
Uniswap (UNI) $ 3.74
havven
Synthetix Network Token (SNX) $ 4.84
uma
UMA (UMA) $ 8.04
compound-governance-token
Compound (COMP) $ 112.68
maker
Maker (MKR) $ 558.08
wrapped-nxm
Wrapped NXM (WNXM) $ 21.85
0x
0x (ZRX) $ 0.414965
loopring
Loopring (LRC) $ 0.195287
republic-protocol
REN (REN) $ 0.323452
kyber-network
Kyber Network (KNC) $ 1.02
numeraire
Numeraire (NMR) $ 34.73
band-protocol
Band Protocol (BAND) $ 6.25
terra-luna
Terra (LUNA) $ 0.402480
yfii-finance
DFI.money (YFII) $ 1,930.40
sushi
Sushi (SUSHI) $ 1.51
balancer
Balancer (BAL) $ 14.60
thorchain
THORChain (RUNE) $ 0.846433
reserve-rights-token
Reserve Rights Token (RSR) $ 0.020549
ampleforth
Ampleforth (AMPL) $ 1.42
nest
Nest Protocol (NEST) $ 0.036165
serum
Serum (SRM) $ 1.04
keep-network
Keep Network (KEEP) $ 0.332940
augur
Augur (REP) $ 15.06
curve-dao-token
Curve DAO Token (CRV) $ 0.694441
kava
Kava.io (KAVA) $ 1.65
bancor
Bancor Network Token (BNT) $ 1.00
just
JUST (JST) $ 0.022020
gnosis
Gnosis (GNO) $ 63.07
force-protocol
ForTube (FOR) $ 0.021744
cream-2
Cream (CREAM) $ 55.89
melon
Melon (MLN) $ 28.48
tellor
Tellor (TRB) $ 25.04
akropolis
Akropolis (AKRO) $ 0.010508
aurora-dao
IDEX (IDEX) $ 0.037432
nectar-token
Deversifi Nectar Token (NEC) $ 0.204575
bzx-protocol
bZx Protocol (BZRX) $ 0.247735
airswap
AirSwap (AST) $ 0.089606
switcheo
Switcheo (SWTH) $ 0.029919
orion-protocol
Orion Protocol (ORN) $ 3.25
dforce-token
dForce Token (DF) $ 0.095507
meta
Meta (MTA) $ 1.28
pnetwork
pNetwork (PNT) $ 0.363559