2020 was definitely the year of DeFi. In the summer of this year, we have also experienced a mini alt-season, where many DeFi tokens had impressive performances, scoring even 500-1000% increases. Then came the Uniswap token, aka UNI. A token that everyone will remember for a long time thanks to the way it was released, namely an airdrop that made many users happy as they ended up with about $2,000 for having used the Uniswap app at least once in their life.
Recently there was another airdrop, this time from 1inch.exchange, another great project that we reviewed a few months ago, describing it as the best DEX aggregator in the world! Even 1inch has given away tokens to its users, while maintaining a modestly high price/value. But it doesn’t end here! During 2021 in fact, many other crypto and DeFi projects might also release their own tokens, maybe airdropping them to their users, so we recommend to start using the tools we are going to list in this article!
15 Popular DeFi Projects that don’t have a token Yet
1. MetaMask: Definitely the most famous Ethereum wallet in the world. It is not a DeFi project but we want to mention it anyway since it has an incredible user base and could decide to monetize its business with a proprietary token. The only problem is to understand the utility of this token. But based on past events, any token launched by MetaMask would soar thanks to pure HYPE. The problem will be figuring out how to keep the value of such a token high! It would be nice, wouldn’t it?
2. Set Protocol: A protocol that we have reviewed in the past, where users can invest in sets of tokens or create their own sets. And given the popularity of the service, a token might be coming sooner or later.
3. OpenSea: Definitely the best marketplace for NFTs, tokens that lately are becoming ever more used and popular. It is enough to visit the website to understand that the business is growing continuously, with new projects and increasingly expensive NFTs. Recently we’ve seen crazy sales of NFTs from projects like REVV, Pteria and many others. Who knows whether the team is interested in having their own ERC20 token.
4. Zapper: One of the best DeFi dashboards around. The fusion of DeFiZap and DeFiSnap, two great DeFi products, gave birth to this amazing new product that is growing in numbers. I’d be delighted to buy their token since I’ve been using their platform for months.
6. Zerion: Graphically it has always been our favourite DeFi Dashboard. Zerion doesn’t have any tokens at the moment but we don’t know what 2021 will bring. To learn more about Zerion we suggest reading our review or trying the app by downloading it from the App Store or Play Store.
7. InstaDapp: We continue with DeFi dashboards by mentioning InstaDapp, a great product that has been around since 2018 and is continuously working on its own development. It might surprise us with its own token sooner or later.
8. PolyMarket: A well-known marketplace where it is possible to place bets on anything. I used it to bet on one of the first Uniswap proposals, losing :). Highly recommended!
9. Opyn: A service created to protect your DeFi investments and your precious Ethereum against continuous volatility. Users can buy or sell protection, thanks to a well thought out and secure protocol.
10. Dharma: An app that I use almost every day for mobile trading on Uniswap. Dharma has a lot of users and a proprietary token could take the project to even higher levels. Dharma was also the first project to make proposals in the governance of Uniswap (albeit unsuccessfully). I recommend trying it out, and who knows… maybe there will be an airdrop!
14. FuruCombo: A great service to create combos in DeFi in order to optimize your earnings. The great thing is that the service uses drag and drop technology, so it’s suitable for anyone!
We recommend using all these apps, maybe some of them will be doing airdrops following in the footsteps of giants $UNI and $1inch!